You are here
The 13th International Symposium on Genital Autonomy and Children's Rights "Whole Bodies, Whole Selves: Activating Social Change"
The International Symposia on Genital Autonomy and Children’s Rights promote interdisciplinary dialogue about genital cutting practices of male, female, and intersex children, and on strategies for protecting children from medically unnecessary genital alteration. They offer an informational and practical platform for effecting social change and are designed to be of interest to legal, medical, and mental health professionals; scholars, educators, and students; policy makers and the media; activists and the general public.
Symposium presentations cover the topics of:
- genital alteration of male, female, and intersex infants and children
- medicine, anatomy, sexuality
- psychology, sociology, anthropology
- religion, history
- law, ethics, human rights
- activism and social change